Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Work I'm proud of : )

As I said before the garden is overflowing...I actually caught our geese eating the tomatoes today and told them to have at it. I have been canning...Looking pretty on the pantry shelf is...Salsa...Pickled Jalapenos with garlic...Jalapeno Jelly...Strawberry Jalapeno Jelly (yum)...Pickle relish...HOT pickle relish ( made with jalapenos )...Several quarts and pints of tomatoes for the winter....Grape jelly...Strawberry jam...apples...applesauce....apple butter....pickles......in the freezer are green peppers , squash , chili's. I can remember growing up and watching my mother can and can and can....I remember her saying as she filled up our pantry..." Aren't they pretty? " I never understood what she meant until I could take pride in the work myself....As I show my kids and grand kids I hear myself saying... "Aren't they pretty? "

No comments:

Post a Comment